Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Results, surprises and story lines from 2007.
Questions for 2007Edit
- Will Wii continue selling well after a successful launch?
- Will the PS3 pricepoint affect consumer sales?
- How will the format war (HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray) affect console sales for PS3 and Xbox 360?
- Will third-parties embrace the Wii?
- How successful will big releases like Halo 3 and Grand Theft Auto IV be?
- January to June 2008
- July to December 2008
- Halo 3 sells 3.3 million copies in its first 12 days since its September release.
- Sony releases the PSP Slim in September, sparks sales worldwide.
- For one week in November, the Xbox 360 outsells the PlayStation 3 for the first time boosted by its Xbox 360 Elite and strong sales of Ace Combat 6, according to Media Create sales data.
- November sees the release of a White PlayStation 3 in Japan. Along with the release of Dynasty Warriors 6, the PS3 outsells the Wii for the first time since their launches a year ago.
Games that were pushed back to 2008:
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Army of Two
- Dragon Quest IX
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Metal Gear Solid 4
- Devil May Cry 4
- In Europe, Wii sold 5.25 million units.
- NPD 2007 in review (United States)
- Media Create 2007 in review (Japan)
- Chart-Track 2007 in review (United Kingdom)
- United States 2007 year in gaming (ArsTechnica)
- UK Games of 2007 - Analysis
- UK Game industry grows 
- Japan 2007 year in gaming analysis
- 2007 best selling games of Japan (Geimin) (English)
- Sweden Top 20 best selling games of 2007
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found