Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The 2008 fiscal year for Nintendo and Sony began April 1, 2007 and ended March 31, 2008. Microsoft's sales earning report entailed the period from July 1, 2007 to June 30, 2008. (The 2008 fiscal year is sometimes referred to as the 2007 report).
- See also: 2009 fiscal year
Fiscal year sales tableEdit
- See also: 2007 fiscal year
|Console||Quarter 1||Quarter 2||Quarter 3||Quarter 4||Fiscal year 08||Lifetime|
|PlayStation 3||0.71||1.31||4.90||2.33||9.24||12.85 million|
|Xbox 360||1.8||4.3||1.3||1.3||8.7||20.3 million|
|PlayStation Portable||2.13||2.58||5.76||3.42||13.89||39.28 |
- Note: Microsoft's fiscal year is not aligned with Nintendo or Sony. Microsoft's Q1 corresponds to Nintendo's and Sony's Q2.
- Note2: Sources can be accessed below.
Official forecasts by the console companies.
- PS3 - 9.5 million (down from 11 million) 
- Wii - 18.5 million (up from 16.5 million which was revised from 14 million)
- NDS - 29.5 million (up from 28 million) 
- PS2 - 10 million 
The 2008 fiscal year for Nintendo spans from April 1, 2007 to March 31, 2008.
Up to March 31, 2008, Nintendo has shipped nearly 25 million Wiis and nearly 22 million GameCubes, alongside over 81 million Game Boy Advances and just over 70 million Nintendo DS units. During the last twelve months the company has seen revenues rise by 73 percent and profits up by 48 percent.
Through March 31, 2008, Wii enjoys a life-to-date tie ratio of 6.07 games per system worldwide.
Nintendo President Satoru Iwata confirms his company is boosting monthly production of the console to 2.4 million units starting "this Summer", up from the current 1.8 million.
Note: All shipment figures assembled by Nintendo and in this article are product sold to stores.
Yearly sales and profitsEdit
- Sales: $16.1 billion USD (+71%)
- Profits: $2.48 billion USD (+47%)
- Q1: Nintendo Ups Forecast on Soaring Financials (official) (more)
- Q2: Nintendo's six-month sales, profit double (official)
- Q3: Nintendo's nine-month profits, sales double up (official)
- Q4: Nintendo Profits Up 48% To $2.5 Billion In Full Year Results (official)
- Nintendo profits jump almost 50 percent during fiscal 2007 more
Sony 2008 financial report
Yearly Sales and profitsEdit
- Sales: $12.842B USD (+26.3% YOY)
- Profit: -$1.245B USD (+53%) (loss)
- Q1: Worldwide PS3 sales only 4.28 million
- Q2: Sony PlayStation Operating Losses Double in Q2
- Q3: Unit hardware sales from Sony
- Q4: PS3 Sales Top 12M Units, Compared to Wii and X360; Sony's Game Division Posts $1.24B Loss
- Other links
- Earnings Release
- Presentation Slides
- Supplemental Information
- Financial report 1, Financial report 2, Financial report 3
- Next-gen analysis
Yearly sales and profitsEdit
- Xbox 360: 8.7 million consoles shipped (compared to 6.6m for previous year)
- Revenues: $8.140 billion (compared to $6.069 for previous year)
- Revenues for Xbox 360 and PC gaming: an increase of $1.7 billion or 41%
- Operating profit: +$426 million (compared to loss of $1.969 billion for previous year)
- Q1: Xbox Division Posts Q1 Profit (official)
- Q2: Microsoft's Xbox 360 Division Sees Q2 Profit (official)
- Q3: Xbox Division Posts $89 Million Profit on 'Robust Demand' for 360 (official)
- Q4: MS Financials Show Xbox Div Profit in FY08 (official)
Other publishers and developersEdit
- EA results: Sales Soar to $3.7 Billion But Suffers $454 Million Loss in Fiscal '08
- Konami Profits Swell in FY 08
- Capcom Q4 earnings
- Blizzard 2007 year
- EA Q2 report