Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Developer disputes and feuds in the video game industry. Though generally respectful of other game companies and developers, there are occasionally disputes between them.
- Tecmo's Tomonobu Itagaki, creator of Ninja Gaiden, bashed Hideki Kamiya's Devil May Cry franchise. He characterized the gameplay elements as "shallow" and the enemies as noninteractive objects that the player attacks.
- In a Eurogamer video interview, Activision producer Noah Heller called rival game studio Gearbox's first person shooter, Brother in Arms: Hell's Highway, a "crappy war game" compared to Call of Duty: World at War, published by Activision. A senior developer stated, "I watched the trailer and I was like these guys are not even in the same league.".
- Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg claims people are "just buying it (Wii) as a novelty" and that those customers will "want to graduate to an Xbox 360 experience."
- NeoGAF has been subject to various disputes with developers and public relations employees. In 2007, a user poked fun at then-Microsoft vice president of global marketing Jeff Bell for his rigid E3 presentation. Bell, using the username bell801, sent the user a private message asking, "And your contribution to society is….what?" A year later, Silicon Knights president Denis Dyack, spoke out against NeoGAF for continually bashing his often-delayed game Too Human. He said, "NeoGAF and other forums like this that don't have good management are not only hurting society and hurting the videogame industry." He also felt some posters who created animated images (GIFs) were attacking him unjustly and immaturely. 
- SNES developer insight
- The Blog Sega Doesn’t Want You to Read
- What Happened to Star Wars Battlefront III?
- Nintendo has become a "fast food machine," says Pachter
|Video game industry|
| Sales trends · Holidays · Price cuts · Launch price · Market research · Fiscal reports · Video game costs · Video game delays · Leaks
Dev kit · Attach rate · Gaming conventions · Recession · Rumors · Sales bumps · Casual and hardcore games · Game piracy · Grey market · Controversies · Developer disputes · Video game research · Game development
NPD sales figures · Costs (Most expensive games) · Best-selling games