Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
NPD sales figures for U.S. game retail sales hit a record $10.5 billion in 2005 thanks to strong sales of handheld hardware, software and accessories. This is a 6% increase over 2004's results, which came in at $9.9. billion.
- Total - $10.5 billion  (+6% YOY) ($11.5 billion  including PC games)
- Hardware -
- Consoles -
- Portable - $1.4 billion
- Accessories -
PC games - $953 million 
The Xbox 360 was introduced in November and sold 326K that month and another 281K in December for a total of 607K, despite massive shortages.
Monthly sales figuresEdit
Top 10 yearlysoftware salesEdit
- Madden NFL 06 (PS2), Electronic Arts, over 2.9 million sold
- Pokemon Emerald (GBA), Nintendo of America, over 1.7 million sold
- Gran Turismo 4 (PS2), SCEA, over 1.5 million sold
- Madden NFL 06 (Xbox), Electronic Arts, over 1.2 million sold
- NCAA Football 06 (PS2), Electronic Arts, over 1.1 million sold
- Star Wars: Battlefront II (PS2), LucasArts, over 1 million sold
- MVP Baseball 2005 (PS2), Electronic Arts, over 970,000 sold
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (PS2), LucasArts, over 930,000 sold
- NBA Live 06 (PS2), Electronic Arts, over 820,000 sold
- LEGO Star Wars (PS2), Eidos, over 800,000 sold
- Video Game Industry Experiences Record-Breaking Year Thanks in Large Part to Significant Growth of Portable Market
- Video Games Industry for First Half 2005
- NPD: Handhelds Drive Record Sales in '05
- 2005 a record year for US gaming
|Prev: NPD 2004 in review||NPD sales data||Next: NPD 2006 in review|