Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
NPD sales figures coverage released on August 13, 2009:
Analysis from NPD's Anita Frazier:
"The U.S. video games industry declined for the fifth consecutive month, bringing year-to-date sales to $8.16 billion, down 14% from the same time period last year. In order for the industry to come in flat or slightly up for the total year, the back five months of the year have to come in 11% (or more) higher than the last five months of last year.
While year-to-date results are weak, there are some big titles set to be released over the next several months, including Madden this month, which should help spur sales. The worst comps should be behind us, and looking beyond August we have The Beatles: Rock Band, Halo 3: ODST, and of course, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to look forward to.
Hardware sales have slowed considerably on nearly every platform. The Xbox 360 is the only console system showing a unit sales increase year-to-date, while the NDS has the highest sales of all hardware platforms both for the month, and year-to-date.
NCAA Football 10 was the top selling game for the month, with combined sales of 689K units across all platforms. Wii Sports Resort was the top-selling software SKU for the month with 508K units sold with a 2.5% attach rate to the hardware install base. Of all genres, the music/dance genre has suffered the greatest declines this year, with nearly $390 million less revenues than the same time period last year."
- Wii Sports Resort
- NCAA Football 10
- Nintendo DS - 580,000
- Wii - 252,500
- Xbox 360 - 202,900
- PlayStation Portable - 122,800
- PlayStation 3 - 121,800
- PlayStation 2 - 108,000
Top 20 software sales Edit
- Wii Sports Resort w/ Wii MotionPlus (Wii) / Nintendo / 508,200
- NCAA Football 10 (X360) / EA / 376,500
- NCAA Football 10 (PS3) / EA / 237,400
- Wii Fit w/ Balance Board (Wii) / Nintendo / 164,300
- Mario Kart Wii w/ Wheel (Wii) / Nintendo / 156,600
- Mario Kart DS (DS) / Nintendo / 132,200
- Pokemon Platinum (DS) / Nintendo / 116,400
- Fight Night Round 4 (X360) / EA / 116,400
- New Super Mario Bros. (DS) / Nintendo / 101,800
- EA Sports Active (Wii) / EA / 96,800
- Wii Play (Wii)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (Wii)
- Fight Night Round 4 (PS3)
- UFC Undisputed (X360)
- Punch-Out (Wii)
- Transformers (NDS)
- Prototype (X360)
- Major League Baseball 2k9 (X360)
- The Legendary Starfy (NDS)
- NCAA Football 10 (PS2)
Video game revenuesEdit
- Total sales: $848.9M
- Hardware sales: $280.94M
- Software sales: $436.99M
- Accessory sales: $130.97M
|Prev: NPD June 2009||NPD sales figures||Next: NPD August 2009|