Super Smash Bros. is a platform fighter game series made by Nintendo. The series on a whole has sold over 40 million.
Sales data from official Nintendo shipments
|1999||Nintendo 64||Super Smash Bros.||5.55  2.93m in US, 1.97 in Japan|
|2001||GameCube||Super Smash Bros. Melee||7.41 (March 2014)|
|2008||Wii||Super Smash Bros. Brawl||13.27 (March 2018)|
|2014||3DS||Super Smash Bros. for 3DS||9.24 (March 2018)|
|2014||Wii U||Super Smash Bros. for Wii U||5.34 (March 2018)|
Super Smash Bros.Edit
The game Super Smash Bros. has been very popular and has quickly become a Player's Choice title. 1.4 million copies have been sold in Japan and 2.3 million have been sold in the U.S. as of December, 2007.
Super Smash Bros. Melee salesEdit
Melee sold 7.09 million worldwide and about 4.50 million in the U.S.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl salesEdit
In Japan, Brawl sold over 500,000 units on launch day, 820,000 units in its first week, and 1.524 million units total as of March 30, 2008. In North America, Brawl sold over 874,000 units on launch day and over 1.4 million units in its first week, making it the fastest selling title in Nintendo of America's history. On October 31st, Nintendo announced that Brawl had become the best selling game in the series, selling 7.47 million units worldwide and climbing. Even into 2013, the game was selling, with almost a million sold for the fiscal year
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Edit
In Japan, the game practically sold out in its first week, selling 944,000 in the first weekend. As of mid November, the game has sold over 1.7 million copies.
In France, the game has sold 279 thousand by the end of December.
The game also launched with 705,000 copies sold in the US. By the end of October, the game had surpassed 1.2 million joining a small collection of games that have surpassed 1 million in the US. By November, the game surpassed 1.5 million in the US. By December, the game has surpassed 2 million.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Edit
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U came out the gate running, selling 490,000 in its first weekend, making it the fastest selling Wii U game in the US. According to Nintendo PR, Nintendo sold 710,000 copies of the game (including digital) for the month of November in the United States. By the end of December, the game has sold over 1.3 million in the United States.
According to Media Create, 227,527 copies of the game were sold in Japan for the game's first weekend. United Kingdom numbers were less flattering as the game started at position 14, selling between 31,597 and 42,882 for its first week,
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=963700
- ↑ http://www.the-magicbox.com/Chart-USPlatinum.shtml
- ↑ http://www.the-magicbox.com/topten2.htm
- ↑ http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/wii.html
- ↑ http://www.lefigaro.fr/secteur/high-tech/2015/01/22/01007-20150122ARTFIG00382-nintendo-premier-vendeur-de-jeux-video-en-france.php
- ↑ http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=42131
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/16/wii-u-had-its-best-sales-month-ever-in-december
- ↑ http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/11/super-smash-bros-becomes-wii-us-fastest-seller-in-the-us/
- ↑ http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147050969&postcount=74